Bartell Drugs outlines expanded safety measures
Bartell’s is expanding its commitment to ensure the safety of customers and employees, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Customers have grown used to a level of service at Bartell’s. They expect a safe, clean and friendly environment. For store teammates on the front lines, the only thing that’s changed is the implementation of preventative measures to ensure the safety of customers and employees alike,” the company said.
At all Bartell’s locations, the following efforts have been implemented to align with a new operational standard:
- Visual reminders for customers and employees to maintain appropriate distance from each other with 6 ft. markers on the floor in the aisles and pharmacy and at register queues.
- Customized pin pad overlays for easy and efficient cleaning.
- Plexiglass shields at check-out kiosks at the pharmacy and front registers to protect customers and employees.
- Increased frequency of cleanings and disinfecting for all areas of the stores multiple times per day with high traffic and high touch areas a main focus
- “Sanitized” shopping carts and baskets cleaned between uses and marked “sanitized”
- Kits for each store employee with masks and gloves
“We’re working tirelessly to support our customers,” said Ken Mahoney, senior vice president of operations at Bartell's “Our warehouse is receiving product and turning around distribution within a few hours, our front of store and pharmacy teammates are going above and beyond, working overtime and delivering genuinely supportive customer service. And our main office teammates are supporting behind the scenes as we navigate these uncharted waters. We’ve even added a second 24-hour location on the Eastside. One thing remains the same: We’re dedicated to our community and will continue to provide a safe place for them to shop.”