Building fun and festive boards is one of the season’s biggest trends. The team of dietitians at Giant are ready to help make charcuter-easy for you this holiday season.
Here are tips from Giant’s dietitians:
- Choose a variety of cheese. Include three to five different cheeses ranging from mild to bold flavors.
- Mix up your meats. Charcuterie refers to “cold, cured meats,” so while you can’t skip the salami, add leaner options like chicken sausage.
- Pick palate cleansers. Whole grain crackers, nuts and seeds add crunch and boost nutrition.
- Slide in savory and sweet notes. Pack on the produce for a variety of colors and textures. Try different forms like fresh, dried or pickled to deliver unique flavor notes.
- Finalize with fun and festive. Have fun with your creation by trying different themes or have everyone bring an item to build the holiday board together.
[Read more: Giant's dietitians kick off virtual workshops in May]
Need a little inspiration to get started? Giant’s dietitians are teaching free, live virtual wellbeing classes throughout December featuring fun and festive board ideas. They include:
- Dec. 5: Design a Candy Cane Caprese Board in the Produce Spotlight virtual class
- Dec. 18: Build a Baked Potato Board in the Meal Solutions Monday virtual class
- Dec. 21: Create a Holiday Board in the Holiday Entertaining virtual class
- Dec. 27: Craft a Hot Cocoa Dessert Board in the Winter Mini Chef virtual class
[Read more: Giant hosts dietitian classes in April]