Amidst healthcare deserts, physician shortages, and the quest for more affordable care our panel of experts tackle one of healthcare’s most crucial topics — pharmacists as providers. During the pandemic, pharmacy practice policies were suspended and pharmacists rose to the challenge to administer COVID-19 testing and treating under their newly expanded roles. Now that the public health emergency (PHE) is over, should the pharmacist’s role as a provider of clinical services be expanded and made permanent? The answer to this question will significantly impact what the future of pharmacy, as well as our entire healthcare system, looks like.
Join us as we explore this topic and glean key insights from our expert panel of Chief Medical Officers from some of the nation’s largest retail pharmacies, led by our moderator, David Pope, Chief Pharmacy Officer, OmniSYS, XiFin Pharmacy Solutions.
Key Discussion Points:
- Underscore pharmacists’ contributions during the pandemic and discuss lessons learned.
- Understand the current landscape and assess the impact of investments in primary care and the efforts to expand the pharmacists’ role.
- Explore what the future of pharmacy looks like if pharmacists were to have an expanded role in delivering clinical services. Examine the pros and cons.
- Discuss how this expanded role could benefit pharmacies, patients, physicians, payors, and the broader community.
- Analyze barriers to “pharmacists as providers” and delve into potential solutions to overcome them.
- Discuss innovative strategies and solutions that can enhance pharmacy operations, improve patient care, and drive efficiency, allowing pharmacists to step into this expanded role.
Don’t miss it! This is a must-attend event that will help you understand the latest marketplace trends and keep your pharmacy on the cutting edge of innovation and revenue growth.