Hy-Vee is rolling out drive-thru COVID-19 tests to 11 stores throughout its eight-state footprint. The tests are offered for free and available for any patient, regardless of symptoms, that pre-registers online to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time, Hy-Vee said.
Each location has two-hour testing windows that include 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdsays, and 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays. Saturday hours vary by location.
Patients register online, then arrive at the specified site and show their voucher number before being given a test kit. Hy-Vee pharmacy employees will provide the test kit, as well as information on how to administer the test, which is dropped off in a collection bin by the patient. Hy-Vee pharmacy then collects the tests and ships them to a lab, returning results via email in three to five days.
The West Des Moines, Iowa-based retailer’s COVID-19 tests are being coordinated by eTrue North and offered at the following locations:
- Chariton Hy-Vee, 2001 Court Ave., Chariton, Iowa 50049;
- Cherokee Hy-Vee, 1300 N. 2nd St., Cherokee, Iowa 51012;
- Utica Ridge Hy-Vee, 4064 E. 53rd St., Davenport, Iowa 52807;
- Iowa City Hy-Vee Drugstore, 310 N. 1st Ave., Iowa City, Iowa 52245;
- West Des Moines Hy-Vee HealthMarket, 375 S. Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266;
- West Circle Hy-Vee, 4221 W. Circle Drive, Rochester, Minn. 55901;
- Maple Grove Hy-Vee, 18755 70th Way N., Maple Grove, Minn. 55311;
- Barry Road Hy-Vee, 8301 N. St. Clair Ave., Kansas City, Mo. 64151;
- Kiwanis Avenue Hy-Vee, 2700 W. 10th St., Sioux Falls, S.D. 57104;
- Omaha Hy-Vee Drugstore, 8404 N. 30th St., Omaha, Neb. 68112; and
- O Street Hy-Vee, 5010 O St., Lincoln, Neb. 68510.