Longs Drugs and its parent company CVS Health today held a community grand opening ceremony and blessing to debut HealthHUB, a new store format at three store locations in Hawaii.
Following the ceremony, which included traditional Hawaiian and Chinese blessings, CVS Health committed to a second year of funding to Aloha United Way in support of Hawaii's efforts to meet the health needs of Oahu's homeless population. The $25,000 grant will bolster Hawaii Homeless Healthcare Hui's (H4) plans to build a permanent, comprehensive service facility in Iwilei to better provide its medical services.
The new HealthHUB locations will continue to offer products specifically procured for the people of Hawaii, and feature a broader range of connected health care services to help patients better manage chronic conditions; more products and services focused on overall health and wellness; and trusted advice and personalized care that can be accessed virtually and in store at the following locations:
Longs Drugs, 45 480 Kaneohe Bay Drive, Kaneohe, HI
Longs Drugs, 98-1005 Moanalua Road, Aiea, HI
Longs Drugs, 925 California Avenue, Wahiawa, HI
"We're delivering real change to the health care system, and that is the focus of our new HealthHUB locations across the state," said Scott Sutton, region director for Longs Drugs in Hawaii. "Customers tell us they want local access to convenient, personalized and integrated health care. Our HealthHUBs do just that elevating the store and our digital touchpoints into a seamless, community-based health care offering that complements the patient-doctor relationship and provides consumers with accessible and knowledgeable experts they trust, in order to coordinate a better health care experience at a lower cost."
CVS Health began piloting HealthHUBs in 2018. The introduction of HealthHUB in Hawaii is part of the company's strategy to scale the program nationally and comes at a critical time when the country is addressing a global pandemic.
Sutton continued, "As COVID-19 continues to impact Hawaii and communities across the country, many Americans have delayed visiting a doctor for routine care, a decision that can have serious, long-term consequences. Locations for health and wellness checks, immunizations, treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, screening for chronic conditions, and much more."
The HealthHUB locations inside Longs Drugs feature an on-site Care Concierge team focused on customer engagement, including educating customers about new service offerings, helping them navigate in-store services, and connecting them to a team of health care providers. Among the key features incorporated in a HealthHUB include:
Customers can shop hundreds of products such as health devices that sync to their mobile phone, aromatherapy, fitness essentials, durable medical equipment, sleep apnea products and more.
HealthHUB services include:
- Learning table for customers to explore health and wellness apps and shop our expanded assortment of products on CVS.com.
- Education and counseling for patients with chronic conditions, helping to create personalized plans that enable better health outcomes and reduces medical costs.
- Pharmacist-led diabetes counseling and smart device coaching for select blood glucose monitors.
- Smoking cessation plans for patients and caregivers to help patients quit smoking.
- Expanded Services at MinuteClinic
- Continued convenient access to services for minor illnesses and injuries, as well as immunizations, wellness and health checks.
- Screening, treatment and monitoring for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
- End-to-end sleep apnea solution, including sleep assessment by an independent third-party provider.
- Suite of services to help manage common health conditions for young adults.
- Phlebotomy services in conjunction with a MinuteClinic visit.
"We are pleased that Longs Drugs at Windward City Shopping Center now offers the vital and convenient services of the new HealthHUB," said Sarah Mandeville, property manager of Windward City Shopping Center. "The investment made to bring this innovative resource to our Windward Oahu location demonstrates the continued commitment of Longs Drugs and CVS Health to this special community."
CVS Health operates 500 HealthHUB locations in 29 states, with plans to have 600 operational by the end of the year. The company is on track to bring its HealthHUB experience to 1500 stores by the end of 2021.