CAMP HILL, Pa. One of the nation's largest drug store chains is kicking off its year-round campaign to support patients with diabetes.
Rite Aid, along with the American Diabetes Association, the leading diabetes voluntary health organization, and dLife, the leading online diabetes resource in the fight to stop diabetes, are set to help patients learn about, manage and prevent the disease. As part of the awareness campaign, the drug store chain will provide free diabetes guides in all Rite Aid stores and on www.RiteAid.com through Dec. 26. Additionally, Rite Aid will offer other services, including:
- Diabetes Solutions Days offering screenings and health events at select Rite Aid stores
- Interactive risk assessments, self-management resources and recipes at www.RiteAid.com
- Free enrollment in Rite for Diabetes, an online support group, including e-newsletters and interactive content through www.RiteAidDiabetes.com
- Money-saving specials and gift rewards for diabetes product purchases
- Sales of paper pin-ups to benefit patients with diabetes during American Diabetes Month in November
Rite Aid’s focus on diabetes management is part of its yearlong commitment to patient health and wellness. Each year Rite Aid offers free information, answers and guidance on health and wellness topics including weight management, heart health, allergy awareness, skin care and oral care.