Registration for the 4th Annual Drug Store News Top Women in Health, Wellness and Beauty Industry Awards is officially open.
Held virtually for the past two years due to the pandemic, the event will convene in Chicago from Nov. 16 to17, starting with a networking cocktail reception followed by an awards ceremony to honor and celebrate the winners. It also will have a robust educational component as attendees will hear from a who’s who in retail pharmacy, including Rina Shah (Walgreens), Karen Staniforth (Rite Aid), Colleen Lindholz (Kroger) and Selena Cox (CVS).
The event will feature four panels:
- Panel 1: Transforming the Workplace;
- Panel 2: Elevating & Expanding Access to Health Care;
- Panel 3: Reflecting Shopper Values; and
- Panel 4: What's Around the Corner and How to Prepare.
Drug Store News launched Top Women four years ago as a way to recognize and celebrate the contributions of women in retail pharmacy and as a vehicle to help identify emerging leaders that will be the next wave in the industry.
The program is open to suppliers and retailers who are invited to nominate themselves or others in three categories:
- Rising Stars: Recognizes a woman who is considered an up-and-coming leader in her profession. The Rising Star is a woman to watch who has had significant accomplishments and/or achieved notable success;
- Business Excellence: Recognizes a woman who has demonstrated achievement, growth and success. She understands the importance of innovative ideas, education, decision-making, mentoring and community service; and
- Commitment to Care: Recognizes a woman in pharmacy who leads in her community. She is engaged in the community through volunteer work, contributes to charitable organizations and has an overall commitment to patient care and her organization.
Nominators were encouraged to share specific initiatives, achievements and examples of leadership in order to present a full picture of a candidate and demonstrate what makes her a Top Woman in Health, Wellness and Beauty. The winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Chicago, in a cover story in the November issue of Drug Store News and on an interactive story on drugstorenews.com. You can view the 2021 winners here.
Register for the event here.