Schnucks to close 3 St. Louis-area stores
Schnuck Markets will have three less stores. The company announced that it will close three St. Louis-area stores at 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 10.
The approximately 190 teammates at the three stores will all be offered transfers to other nearby Schnucks stores where they will retain the same rate of pay, according to the company.
The three stores are
- St. Peters, Mo. at 100 Jungermann Road .
- O’Fallon, Mo. at 1421 Mexico Loop Road East.
- Edwardsville, Ill. at 2122 Troy Road.
The stores are closing due to poor sales, the company said. The St. Peters store is within approximately three miles of two other Schnucks locations, while the O’Fallon, Mo., and Edwardsville, Ill. stores are each less than one mile away from another Schnucks.
“Our customers have overwhelmingly chosen to visit neighboring Schnucks stores much more frequently than these locations, and as difficult as it is to have to close a store, we simply cannot operate locations that are not profitable,” said Schnucks chairman and CEO Todd Schnuck. “While these decisions are never easy, we are grateful that we are able to preserve our teammates’ jobs and pay, and grateful that our customers won’t have to travel far to visit us at other nearby Schnucks stores.”
Pharmacy customers at all three stores will see signage in the coming days indicating the dates that pharmacy prescriptions will transfer to other nearby Schnucks pharmacies:
- St. Peters prescriptions will transfer to Schnucks Mid Rivers at 577 Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
- O’Fallon (Mexico Loop) prescriptions will transfer to Schnucks O’Fallon at 8660 Veteran Memorial Parkway.
- Edwardsville prescriptions will transfer to the other Schnucks Edwardsville location at 2222 Troy Road.
Pharmacy patients may also visit any other Schnucks Pharmacy to have their prescriptions filled. Customers may also choose to transfer their prescriptions to a non-Schnucks pharmacy.
The company owns the Edwardsville location and is currently seeking a tenant for the property.
Following these closures, Schnucks will operate 112 stores, including 82 in the St. Louis metropolitan area.