Amazon’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping event—which kicked off Nov. 17 and continued through Nov. 27—was its biggest ever compared to the same 11-day period ending on Cyber Monday in previous years.
Customers around the world purchased more than one billion items on Amazon, with shoppers saving nearly 70% more on Amazon during the 11 days of deals compared to the same period last year. Amazon also announced it will be dropping new deals every day through Dec. 24— including up to 30% off Keurig Coffee Brewers, Hasbro Toys, DEWALT Tools, Sony Headphones and more—helping customers save big on a wide selection of products with fast delivery to cover all of their holiday needs throughout the season.
"We kicked off the holiday season with Prime Big Deal Days in October, and extended our Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping event to 11 days to accommodate even more deals over more days to make shopping more convenient for customers—helping them save nearly 70% more than the same period last year,” said Doug Herrington, CEO of Worldwide Amazon Stores.
[Read more: Survey: It's beginning to look like an omnichannel holiday shopping season]
Herrington continued, “There are many customers who are still checking off their shopping lists, and we are excited to announce that we will have millions more deals on a wide selection of products to come, with new deals dropping every day through Dec. 24, along with fast, convenient delivery options. Thank you to our customers for continuing to rely on Amazon because of our vast selection, low prices, millions of deals, and reliable and speedy delivery, and to our employees and selling partners who do such fantastic work on behalf of our customers throughout the season.”
Throughout the month of December, customers can discover exciting and trending products and deals in Amazon’s Holiday Shop, including the Top 100ish Gifts and Customers’ Most-Loved Gifts, and shop by theme and price point with Stocking Stuffers under $5, White Elephant Gifts under $25 and Premium Gifts under $50. In the Amazon Shopping app, U.S. customers can scroll Inspire and Shop by Interest to find shoppable photos and videos, and browse storefronts from influencers like Rocky Barnes, Matt James and Jessel Taank. In addition, Amazon Gift Cards make a popular gift for any style, size and budget, with no fees or expiration dates, the company said.
Customers can rely on Amazon for vast selection, low prices and fast delivery. According to a recent study from independent analyst firm Profitero, Amazon had the lowest online prices entering the holiday season by an average of 16% across 15 categories, compared to other leading retailers in the U.S. As of the end of the third quarter, Amazon had reached its fastest delivery speeds in the U.S. and remained on pace to deliver its fastest delivery speeds for Prime members in the company’s 29-year history.
[Read more: Will holiday sales be ho, ho, ho or ho hum?]
U.S. Black Friday and Cyber Monday Holiday Shopping Event Highlights:
- Customers ordered more than 500 million items from independent sellers, most of which are small and medium-sized businesses, with She’s Birdie Personal Safety Alarm, Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza Game and The Woobles Crochet Kit for Beginners among the best-selling small business products in the U.S.
- Millions of customers signed up for a Prime membership during this most recent holiday shopping event, with the Citizen Men’s Eco Drive Sport Luxury Endeavor Watch, Star Wars Limited Edition Echo Dot Stands and Blink Outdoor Security Camera (3rd Gen) among the best-selling Invite-only deals for members.
- Prime Video streamed the first-ever Black Friday NFL game between the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins.
- The weekend before Thanksgiving, Nov. 17 through Nov. 19, some top-selling products on Amazon were COSRX Snail Mucin 96% Power Repairing Essence and the Amazon Fire TV Stick, along with blockbuster titles on Prime Video like Barbie, The Equalizer 3 and Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One. Other best-selling items on Amazon during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping event were Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Original, Ring Video Doorbell and BISSELL Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner.
- Customers bought millions of Amazon devices, including Fire TV, Echo and Ring, which were best sellers.
- Selection from “New and Noteworthy” brands during the holiday shopping event included bareMinerals, COACH, Hydro Flask and more.
- COSRX Snail Mucin 92% Moisturizer, Lumineux Whitening Strips and Beckham Hotel Collection Bed Pillows were among the best-selling Creator Favorites.
- Customers purchased more Climate Pledge Friendly items than any previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping event, including Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows, DSS Games You Laugh You're Out - The Official Family Game Where If You Laugh, You Lose and Kitsch Rice Water Shampoo Bar.
- Customers purchased more Amazon Renewed items than any previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping event, with the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Vitamix Explorian Blender and Xbox Series X Console among the best-selling items this year.
- For the first time, Prime members purchased deals directly from Buy with Prime merchants during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping event. Merchants who participated in promotional activities experienced, in aggregate, more than a 300% increase in units purchased through Buy with Prime versus the daily average for the month of October 2023.
To provide customers with additional flexibility during the holidays, Amazon extended the standard returns window to Jan. 31, 2024 for most items purchased between Nov. 1 through Dec. 31, 2023 in the United States.