Giant is inviting the public to vote for their favorite non-profit as part of its Make a Difference Challenge.
The challenge, launched as part of the company’s 100th anniversary celebration, was designed to honor its legacy of giving back by supporting non-profit organizations whose work has a direct impact on creating a future that promotes healthier people and a healthier planet.
“From infrastructure enhancements to increasing food access and improving garden spaces, the Make a Difference Challenge is expanding our reach by supporting community organizations dedicated to making a difference by feeding the future,” said Jessica Groves, community impact manager at Giant. “We have been so inspired by the applications we have received – there is so much meaningful work happening all around us. Now, we’re asking our customers to help us recognize these most-deserving organizations by voting in our challenge!”
[Read more: Giant releases community impact report]
Voting is open now through Oct. 2 via the website, here. Additional voting information as well as each non-profit organization and its Make a Difference Challenge project is featured on the voting page. The public can vote for one of ten non-profits including:
- Cocoa Packs, Hershey, Pa.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Eastern Pa., Philadelphia, Pa.
- Martha’s Choice Marketplace at Catholic Social Services, Norristown, Pa.
- New Hope Ministries, Dillsburg, Pa.
- NW Works, Winchester, Va.
- Penn State Health, Hershey, Pa.
- Schreiber Center for Pediatric Development, Lancaster, Pa.
- Share Food Program, Philadelphia, Pa.
- West Chester Area Senior Center, West Chester, Pa.
- York County Food Bank, York, Pa.
Cash prizes will be awarded to each non-profit in October.