Hormel welcomes sweet, savory Black Label breakfast additions
Hormel’s breakfast lineup has some brand-new additions.
The latest launches joining the Austin, Minn.-based company’s Black Label roster include oven-baked egg bites and breakfast combos.
Designed to not only appeal to ever-changing consumers’ dietary needs, but these new options also are easy to prepare and packed with protein, the company said.
“Breakfast is often considered the most important meal of the day, and now it’s about to become the best one,” Nick Schweitzer, senior brand manager for Hormel Foods said. “Our research points to 92% of Americans eating breakfast, but they don't always have the time to cook from scratch or even to sit down at their kitchen tables. Hormel Black Label oven-baked egg bites and Hormel Black Label breakfast combos breakfast items meet those challenges head on, offering the attributes that make our premium brand a favorite in the United States.”
Varieties being offered in the oven-baked egg bites category include:
- Oven-Baked Egg Bites with Bacon, which contains 16 g of protein, 3 g of sugar, 5 g of carbs per serving, and feature bacon, cottage cheese, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese and cage-free eggs;
- Oven-Baked Egg Bites with Chorizo, which has 14 g of protein, 3 g of sugar and 6 g of carbs per serving, and also contain chorizo, cottage cheese, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese and cage-free eggs; and
- Oven-Baked Egg Bites with Bacon and Sausage, which contain 15 g of protein, 3 g of sugar, and 5 g of carbs per serving, as well as bacon, sausage, cottage cheese, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese and cage-free eggs.
Packaged in a microwaveable tray, the oven-baked egg bites retail for $3.49 each and can be found at Walmart, Shop Rite, Jewel, Price Chopper, Hy-Vee, Lowes Foods and other retailers.
“Given the variety of options, there is sure to be something for everyone in the family,” Schweitzer said. “Breakfast is fuel for the day, and there is something so comforting about a hot meal.”
On the other hand, the Black Label breakfast combo options include:
- Breakfast Combos Pancakes with Bacon and Syrup, which contain four mini pancakes, two strips of bacon and a cup of maple syrup; and
- Breakfast Combos with Sausage, Pancakes and Syrup, which have four mini pancakes, two sausage patties and a cup of maple syrup.
Also packaged in a microwaveable tray, the breakfast combos retail for $2.99 each and are available at Hy-Vee, Lowes Foods and other retailers across the nation.