Kroger to host World Mental Health Day summit, concert
Kroger’s The Wellness Experience platform is working with singer-songwriter Jewel and event and consulting company Inclusion to host a virtual summit and concert for World Mental Health Day on Oct. 10. The World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert will feature artists, business leaders and mental health experts to highlight mental wellness and practices for fighting depression and anxiety.
Since 2018, Kroger, Jewel and Inclusion have worked to create physical, emotional and mental wellness events. The Wellness Experience expands this partnership by offering monthly digital events and health-living resources for consumers.
"We launched The Wellness Experience to inspire everyone to live healthier lives. The goal is to provide easy steps and solutions that combine health, wellness and nutrition and connect with our customers on a personal level," said Colleen Lindholz, president of Kroger Health. "The platform also provides Kroger Health with an additional way to highlight the helpful and accessible products, services and resources we offer to support our customers' well-being."
The event, co-hosted by Jewel and actor/influencer Frankie Grande, will feature appearances from:
- Rodney McMullin, Kroger CEO;
- Dr. Marc Watkins, Kroger chief medical officer;
- Beth Behrs, actress, writer and host of the Harmonics podcast;
- Haim, rock band;
- Willie Jones, country and hip-hop artist and host of Apple Music’s Crossroads podcast
- Brynn Elliot, singer-songwriter;
- Grace VanderWaal, singer-songwriter;
- X Ambassadors, rock band;
- Judah and the Lion, alt-folk trio;
- Nicholas Petricca of band Walk the Moon;
- Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch;
- Molly Bloom, entrepreneur and author;
- Dr. Blaise Aguirre, expert in child and adolescent psychiatry at McLean Hospital, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School; and
- Dr. Judson Brewer, addiction psychiatrist and mindfulness expert.
"We recognize that many are combating the silent symptoms of COVID 19 - anxiety, depression, and isolation — in addition to their physical health," said Jewel. "We know that mental wellness is critical right now, and I'm thrilled to partner with Kroger to safely connect with people across the U.S. to provide tools and resources for mental wellness during these uncertain times."
The event also will raise money to support the Inspiring Children Foundation and its COVID-19 mental health programs. The Las Vegas-based nonprofit is focused on offering an ideal model of education in underserved communities.
To register, click here.