American Licorice is looking to help consumers get in the spirit of the spookiest time of the year.
The La Porte, Ind.-based company, parent to the Sour Punch and Red Vines brands, is showcasing its new seasonal launches.
“This Halloween season, we have expanded ways for fans to celebrate with delicious new offerings and an interactive website that includes fall festivities enjoyed equally well from the comfort of home or with your friends in the neighborhood,” Kristi Shafer, the vice preisdent of marketing for American Licorice said. “We’ve cooked up some delectable recipes to challenge all candy lovers to showcase their creativity in person and on social media!”
New launches include:
- Red Vines Candy Corn Twists, chewy licorice twists that are fat-free, low on sodium and kosher and halal certified;
- Sour Punch Spooky Straws, available in three flavors — apple, grape and tangerine;
- Sour Punch Halloween Twists, which come in monster melon, bone-chilling berry and oozing orange flavors;
- Sour Punch Bats and Pumpkins, a fruity snack that comes in bone-chilling berry and oozing orange sour candy varieties;
- Sour Punch Mummy Mix, a mashup of Bats and Pumpkins and ZomBeanz pouches and individually wrapped Halloween twists in such flavors as bone-chilling berry, oozing orange, spooking strawberry, mortal melon and mummy melon;
- Red Vines Ghoulish Grape Ropes, grape candy ropes that come in a 14-oz. bag;
- Torie & Howard Halloween Organic Chewie Fruities, an assortment of original and sour assorted flavors including Meyer lemon and raspberry, pomegranate and nectarine, blood orange and honey, sour berry, sour cherry and sour apple; and
- Bewitching Box, a collection of limited-edition Halloween sweets that includes popcorn, a card for a free Fandango movie, Red Vines Candy Corn Twists Tray, Sour Punch Bats and Pumpkin Pouches, Sour Punch ZomBeans, Brownie Cow Tale, and a Caramel Apple Cow Tale.
In addition, American Licorice has also launched a new website for the holiday season that includes family-friendly recipes that incorporate various of its products.
[Read More: Old El Paso, Takis Fuego add heat to taco night]
Each of the new launches is currently available for purchase on the American Licorice website and at such select retailers as Meijer, Rite Aid, WinCo, Supervalu, Giant Eagle and Food Lion among others.