Sweet Earth Foods rolls out plant-based burritos, entrée bowls
Sweet Earth Foods is looking to help curb hunger with the launch of eight new burritos and entrée bowls.
All of the brand’s new additions incorporate plant-based Awesome Grounds or Mindful Chik’n, and are created with such wholesome ingredients as vegetables and globally-inspired spices.
“More than ever, today's consumers are looking for plant-based options that are packed with flavor and convenient, especially when it might be harder to find traditional meat products on shelves,” vice president of Sweet Earth Foods, Jessica Vasisht said. “Sweet Earth is meeting this demand by offering new plant-based options that appeal to flexitarians by satisfying cravings of traditional foods, but also provides plant-based nutrition and goodness in an easy, ready-to-heat format.”
Eight new Sweet Earth Foods burritos include:
- Awesome Cheeseburger Burrito, which is made with Awesome Grounds, cheddar jack cheese, kale and a tomato-onion salsa;
- Buffalo Style Chik’n Burrito, which contains Mindful Chik’n, carrots, celery and buffalo hot sauce;
- Mongolian Beefless with Awesome Grounds, which has plant-based grounds, snap peas, water chestnuts and a Mongolian sauce over a bed of rice;
- Kung Pao Chik’n, which is made with Mindful Chik’n, rice, celery, roasted peppers, bell peppers and kung pao sauce;
- Awesome Pasta Puttanesca, which contains a combination of pasta, Awesome Grounds, cherry tomatoes, olives, capers and a puttanesca sauce; and
- Chik’n Fajita, which has Mindful Chik’n, black beans, onions, bell peppers, corn, poblanos and a tomatillo poblano sauce over a bed of cauliflower rice.
In addition, the two new entrée bowls launching exclusively at Target include:
- Awesome Bulgogi, which is Korean-inspired, contains Awesome Grounds, purple cabbage, carrots, bok choy and a sesame garlic sriracha sauce over a bed of rice; and
- Butter Chik’n, which is a mild curry dish, and has Mindful Chik’n, vegan tomato sauce, chickpeas, carrots and green peas over a bed of rice.
Shoppers can find the new launches in the frozen aisle of grocery stores.