While one-third of Americans dine out at Indian restaurants, only 6% enjoy Indian food at home, according to Tasty Bite.
The brand, known best for its ready-to-heat Indian food category which is helping make Indian food more accessible to U.S. consumers, is rolling out a new launch.
New from the company are the Tasty Bite Simmer Sauces, inspired by authentic recipes that are representative of the diverse range of flavors found across regions of India. The latest launches include:
- Tikka Masala - Delhi-style tomato sauce with cream and toasted spices;
- Butter Chicken - Punjabi-style slow-cooked tomato sauce with cashew and butter ;
- Coconut Korma - Awadhi-style coconut sauce simmered with fragrant spices and cashew;
- Spicy Vindaloo - Goan-style tomato-based sauce with spices and aromatics; and
- South Indian Curry - Chennai-style sauce with coconut milk and peppery spices.
Tasty Bite Simmer Sauces, which retail for $5.99 each, are vegetraian-friendly, easy to customize with protein, and free from artificial flavors and colors. Developed with chefs based in India, the new sauces are available nationwide at Whole Foods, Amazon Fresh delivery and tastybite.com.