Alden’s Organic intros dairy-free flavors
Alden’s Organic is looking to cater to those who may have to adhere to a dairy-free lifestyle or choose to enjoy their treats that way.
The Eugene, Ore.-based company is unveiling a new addition to its portfolio — Organic Dairy Free, which features seven flavors and two sammies, the company said.
“Consumers are craving a dairy-free option that actually delivers an exceptional flavor filled experience,” Joelle Simmons, the SVP of sales and marketing at Alden’s Organic, said. “We saw an opportunity and worked through 29 variations to develop a more progressive, organic dairy-free recipe that upholds the high standards of our famous ice cream.” The unique recipe is a blend of brown rice, oat flour, coconut oil and pea protein that takes on the flavor profile of the organic ingredients inside.
New launches from Alden’s Organic Dairy Free line include:
- Caramel Almond Crunch, which is a caramel frozen dessert that contains a caramel swirl, chocolate flakes and almonds;
- Muddy Brownie, which contains a chocolate dessert packed with brownie pieces;
- Vanilla Bean, which is a vanilla dessert with flecks of organic vanilla bean;
- Double Strawberry, which features strawberry dessert with swirls of strawberry sorbet and chunks of organic strawberry;
- Freckled Mint Chip, which is a mint frozen dessert with chocolate chips;
- Peanut Butter Chip, which contains a peanut butter frozen dessert with organic peanut butter and chocolate chips;
- Cookie Crumble, which is a cookie dessert that’s blended with chocolate crème cookie crumbles;
- Vanilla Bean Round Sammie, which is a vanilla bean frozen dessert that is scooped between chocolate cookie wafers; and
- Caramel Drizzle Round Sammie, which contains caramel dessert, caramel ribbons and is sandwiched between two vanilla wafers.
“We know our consumers rely on us for our commitment to organic and providing a delicious treat that will spark a good time,” Simmons said. “With the new dairy-free line, we’ve created even more options that deliver on those promises to serve both new and existing consumers.”
The seven new dairy-free flavors retail from $5.49 to $5.99, while the sammies retail from $4.99 to $5.49, and can be found at such retailers as Sprouts, Natural Grocers and National Co+Op Grocers beginning in March.