GNC is bringing plant-based nutritional supplement brand PlantFuel exclusively to its stores under a new agreement. The Mississauga, Ontario-based retailer has inked a distribution agreement with PlantFuel that is set to launch in August and will bring various products to GNC’s more than 2,300 stores and its website.
“PlantFuel's commitment to create clinically proven plant-based nutrition that doesn't compromise on performance and taste, while also utilizing eco-conscious packaging, is something that is increasingly relevant and important to consumers today,” said GNC CEO Josh Burris. “As the global leader in providing high-quality and innovative supplement solutions, we are excited to enter into this exclusive distribution partnership with PlantFuel to bring GNC consumers new plant-based performance solutions to help them meet their goals."
PlantFuel is designed to offer peak performance using plant-based ingredients. The products coming to GNC include:
- All-in-One Nutrition, which offers 20 g of protein plus 29 fruits and vegetables, as well as Wellmune beta glucan for immune support, sold in chocolate and vanilla flavors;
- Performance Protein, which contains 20 g of protein with vegan-fermented BCAAs that include InstAminos and PeakO2 performance mushrooms, also in chocolate and vanilla flavors;
- All-in-One Pre-WorkOut, which uses patented #DPump-Breakthrough with vegan-fermented citrulline, glycerol and amla fruit extract, as well as 350 mg of organic caffeine and 85 mg of Dynamine to increase perceived energy and alertness. It will be sold in fruit punch, watermelon and blue raspberry flavors;
- All-in-One Recovery, which offers vegan-germented BCAAs to reduce soreness and recovery time while optimizing muscle protein synthesis, and will be sold in blood orange and berry breeze flavors; and
- Daily Immunity + Hydration, which includes Wellmune for immune support and Aquamin calcified sea algae for hydration benefits, and will be sold in citrus burst, tropical punch and raspberry lemonade.
“GNC is coming back in a big way and has always been the leader in nutritional supplement innovation for up-and-coming brands, which ultimately sets the tone for the category within the marketplace,” said Brad Pyatt, PlantFuel founder. “We're proud to be able to work with a great partner like GNC to introduce exciting, new plant-based innovations that deliver on our brand promise to be good for the body and good for the planet.