Leading the pack: New products that stood out in July
Besides a slew of heatwaves, July also brought a host of new products to vie for shelf space. To help make it easier for buyers to choose what products to take a risk on, the New Product Team at Hamacher Resource Group pored over the 243 introductions in July, choosing five Products to Watch that stood out for their earning potential and innovativeness.
Here are the Products to Watch that emerged from the 110 OTC products, 68 wellness products and 65 beauty products that launched last month.
1. Emergen-C Immune+ Elderberry Gummies Pfizer also is expanding its immune support offerings under its Emergen-C brand. The new gummies combine two big trends in the VMS space — elderberry, which is regarded as a superfruit when it comes to its immune support properties, and a gummy delivery method.
2. CeraVe Hyaluronic Acid Serum L’Oreal’s CeraVe skin care brand is capitalizing on the hyaluronic acid trend. The acid, which is naturally found in skin, is used to form a temporary barrier that helps lock in moisture and prevent water loss. The CeraVe Hyaluronic Acid Serum is meant to improve the appearance of dry lines and provide smoother and softer skin, the company said.
3. Crest Pro-Health Gum and Sensitivity All Day Protection Adding to its Crest Pro-Health toothpaste line, Proctor & Gamble has rolled out an option for consumers with sensitive teeth. The fluoride toothpaste was developed to create a protective layer against food and drink to offer teeth enhanced sensitivity protection. The company said the toothpaste offers all-day protection with twice-daily brushing, while also targeting plaque at the gum line.
4. Preparation H Rapid Relief with Lidocaine Wipes Pfizer’s Preparation H brand is launching a new hemorrhoidal wipe designed to quickly numb pain, while soothing burning and itching on contact as part of its Rapid Relief line. The product also is designed to help reduce swelling of inflamed tissue, the company said.
5. Mucinex NightShift Cold and Flu RB’s Mucinex brand has introduced a formulation meant to make the morning experience better for consumers grappling with colds and the flu. Mucinex NightShift Cold and Flu is meant to relieve cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose and sneezing all night.