L’Oréal Paris intros Age Perfect Cosmetics
For 2020, L’Oréal Paris is taking its support of inclusivity one step further by launching a new line of products for women who are 50 years old and older.
Age Perfect Cosmetics, which contains over 100 SKUs, was tailored uniquely to the woman who believes the beauty category has forgotten about her and contains such ingredients as vitamins and minerals, the company said.
“Despite losing penetration in the category, the 50+ consumer is less likely to say (versus millennials) that she doesn’t want to apply makeup. It is a key part of her life and her routine and we are proud to offer a new range made just for her. She stopped using makeup because she cannot find the products for her, she does not feel represented or she feels as if the makeup offered to her does no justice to her skin,” Rocio Rivera, VP of scientific communications, said.
Featuring 30 shades of foundation to suit a wide range of skin tones, products part of the collection includes:
- Radiant Serum Foundation, which is a lightweight foundation that is made with SPF 50, contains vitamin B3 and hydrating serum, and is available in 30 shades;
- Creamy Powder Foundation, which is infused with a ceramide anti-oxidant complex and minerals. It smooths and blurs lines, pores and dark spots, while also hydrating skin, does not cake, and comes in 16 shades;
- Radiant Concealer, which is formulated with hydrating serum and glycerin, and hydrates skin. It helps minimize the appearance of imperfections and dark circles, does not settle into lines and comes in 16 shades;
- Radiant Satin Blush, which has been formulated to apply effortlessly while also providing color. The formula aims to enhance the look of cheeks, and comes in six shades;
- Luminous Hydrating Lipstick, which contains nourishing serum and pro vitamin B5. It provides up to 9 hours of hydration and comes in 10 shades;
- Satin Lipstick, which has been infused with precious oils and pigments, and glides on smooth. It is available in 20 shades and stays put without feathering;
- Anti-Feathering Lip Liner, which has been formulated to shape and define lips, and can be applied before any lipstick to enhance the natural lip contour. It features a tug-free tip that allows for precise application and comes in 8 shades;
- Lash Magnifying Mascara, which contains conditioning serum and jojoba oil. It magnifies lashes while also being easy to remove, suitable to sensitive eyes, and comes in black and brown shades;
- Brow Magnifying Pencil, which has been formulated with vitamin E and mineral pigments to blend easily into brows. Containing an ultra-fine point tip for precise application, it also has a blending spoolie to brush hair into place, comes in four shades and is suitable for sensitive eyes; and
- Satin Glide Eyeliner, which contains a waterproof formula that has been created with mineral pigments. Suitable for sensitive eyes, it provides even application with a non-drying feel, and comes in three shades — black, brown and charcoal.
The entire L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect makeup collection is available for purchase at mass, food and drug retailers nationwide.
“As a marketer, I believe it can be easy to think ahead to the next generation versus focusing on those that they already reach. The issues arise when brands lose sight of the importance of retaining and innovating for their loyal consumers in favor of catering to and developing for a 'future' demographic. L’Oréal has always been a brand that has championed all ages, but we are excited to take that to the next level with a range specifically designed with this consumer in mind,” Maude Brunschwig, the senior vice president of marketing said.