Mars Wrigley previews 2022 lineup
A new year is just months away, and Mars Wrigley is showcasing what products to expect in 2022.
At the National Association of Convenience Store’s annual show, the company previewed several new items from such brands as M&M’s, Extra, Skittles, Starburst, Twix. Dove and Combos.
[Read More: Theo Chocolate gets in holiday spirit with seasonal sweets]
“Mars Wrigley is more focused than ever on delivering on-trend product innovation, production and packaging that drive sales and grow the total category,” said Tim LeBel, president of sales at Mars Wrigley. “We have our pulse on what motivates consumers to make a purchase and at NACS, we’re excited to have given attendees a sneak peek at new flavors and formats delivering on these needs.”
Some of the new launches that consumers can expect to find on shelves include:
- M&M’s Crunchy Cookie, a blend of the classic candy and chocolate chip cookies, which features a crunchy center covered in milk chocolate and wrapped in the brand’s iconic candy shell;
- Extra Refreshers Fruit Mix, available in strawberry freeze, tropical mist and lemonade chill varieties, offers a fruity and refreshing experience;
- Skittles Sour Gummies, a poppable sour candy that comes in the brand’s signature flavors;
- Starburst Air, an aerated gummy candy that is easy to chew and comes in the brand’s classic flavors;
- Twix Salted Caramel, which features salted caramel and a crunchy cookie covered in a milk chocolate coating, contains the classic three layers with a pinch of added salt;
- Dove Large Promises, available in a larger size, will be available in milk chocolate and caramel, and dark chocolate and peanut butter varieties; and
- Combos Garlic Parmesan, featuring a blend of cheesy parmesan and garlic stuffed in a crunchy, baked shell.
[Read More: 5-hour Energy launches carbonated energy drink]
“Consumers love our brands and tell us that they want to see gum and confections during their shopping trips, whether in store or online. But we need to be focused about growing the entire category,” said Jim Dodge, vice president of convenience at Mars Wrigley. “As the market continues to grow with technology and consumer preferences, it’s critical for us to also understand how consumers are shopping the larger impulse category — and that’s what AIM intends to provide for our partners.”