Miss Spa is kicking off 2021 with a new approach to ditching the plastic in sheet masks.
The beauty brand is unveiling a new line of biodegradable cotton masks that are vegan, cruelty-free and deliver results in 20 minutes or less, the company said.
“At Miss Spa, we take clean beauty standards seriously. We create skin care products that are lab tested, free from parabens and sulfates, and certified cruelty-free," said president Lisa Ashcraft. "Creating a line of 100% cotton, biodegradable sheet masks was a natural step in our focus on clean beauty and sustainability.”
These new masks are part of Miss Spa’s commitment to eliminate the plastic backing from sheet masks, which will occur on its entire line of more than 30 masks within the next year, the company said.
“We want to create products that aren’t just good for your skin, but are good for the planet, too,” Ashcraft said. "By removing the plastic backing from all of our sheet masks within the next year, we will eliminate over 200,000 water bottles worth of plastic from the waste stream."
The Cotton Sheet Mask line is available in eight options, including:
- Platinum Age Defying Sheet Mask, which gives skin an instant glow via its colloidal platinum and peptides. Both ingredients enhance the skin’s natural radiance by balancing and reducing the damage done by free radicals that can lead to premature aging, as well as smoothing skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles;
- Retinol Revitalizing Sheet Mask, which encourages cell turnover by smoothing the appearance of fine lines, as well as reducing the look of dark spots and marks;
- Watermelon Hydrating Sheet Mask, which contains vitamins and nutrients that aim to calm skin inflammation, as well as hydrate and brighten;
- Avocado Ultra-Hydrating Sheet Mask, which replenishes moisture and repairs skin that is dull and dehydrated via the included vitamin E;
- Anti-Pollution Revitalizing Sheet Mask, which aims to reverse the damage done by free radicals, pollution and other environmental factors. It contains antioxidants, prickly pear and vitamin E to repair and soothe skin;
- Evening Primrose Nourishing Sheet Mask, which caters to stressed skin by restoring and replenishing dry and dull complexions. Also featuring omega-6 fatty acids, this mask aims to rebuild the skin for a smoother, hydrated and youthful complexion;
- Exfoliate Clarifying Sheet Mask, which contains fruit enzymes found in lemon and pineapple to exfoliate the skin and get rid of dead skin cells on the surface, while also giving way for a glowing complexion; and
- Clean Skin Enzyme Peel Sheet Mask, which clears up acne-prone and uneven skin. Infused with AHA and BHA acids, it also exfoliates away pore-blocking oils to balance the skin, fight blemishes, and improve tone and texture via lactic acid and salicylic acid.
“These new cotton masks are a greener way to get the skin care results people have come to expect from Miss Spa,” Ashcraft said. "They include staple ingredients like retinol and lactic acid, while incorporating all-natural favorites like watermelon, avocado and pineapple extract.”
Retailing for $5 each, the entire Cotton Sheet Mask line is also available for $36 at Miss-Spa.com.