Organic India USA is expanding with the launch of Tulsi Turmeric Chai.
The company describes the latest entry as one in which classic chai spices meet golden turmeric.
“In this perfectly spiced blend of chai favorites: cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, clove and nutmeg are expertly blended with turmeric to offer an earthy twist on a classic combination. Tulsi Turmeric Chai brings robust flavor with a caffeinated kick, rounded out by Tulsi, an Ayurvedic adaptogen revered for centuries for its stress-relieving and immune-supporting prowess,” the company said.
“We are proud of our long-standing fair- trade partnerships with more than 2,500 small family farmers in India, many of whom cultivate organic Tulsi as a direct result of working with Organic India,” said Kat Wiranowski, director of marketing. “By working directly with farmers who maintain ownership of their land and choose to partner with us year after year, we’ve been able to source high-quality organic and regeneratively grown herbs while contributing to the expansion of these practices. Cultivating Tulsi, along with other herbs, benefits farmers by helping to protect their land and livelihoods, while also benefiting local communities, global consumers and the planet.”
[Read more: Organic India expands Tulsi Tea line]
Organic India outlined the following benefits of Tulsi Turmeric:
- Chai Remix: Exciting new extension of Organic India’s popular, caffeinated Tulsi Masala Chai tea line, with the perfect addition of turmeric for grounding, recovery and vitality.
- Warming: A delicious blend of Masala Chai spices Cinnamon, ginger, pepper and nutmeg plus a glow of golden turmeric to comfort and awaken the body.
- Golden Milk: Reminiscent of luscious earthy-sweet golden milk, elevate your morning routine by deliciously preparing as a latte with your favorite creamer.
- Caffeinated: Assam black tea contains approximately half the caffeine of coffee, providing an ideal amount of stimulation matched with the uplifting and sustaining effects of Tulsi.
- Stress-Relieving: Tulsi is a potent adaptogen that helps relieve stress from the energetic and physical systems of the body, thereby helping avoid burnout and fatigue.
- Fairtrade Certified: Sip soundly knowing your morning brew directly supports the livelihood of organic farmers in India.
“Commonly referred to as Holy Basil, Tulsi has been revered in India for centuries for its power to promote balance throughout the entire body. Tulsi warms the circulatory system and respiratory tract, providing a soothing and nourishing quality; while simultaneously relieving daily stress thanks to its adaptogenic attributes,” said Emily Schaefgen, herbalist and Organic India USA’s director of education. When this potent adaptogen is combined with Organic and Fairtrade Assam black tea, it helps prevent the jitters and burnout usually associated with caffeine, while supporting sustained energy levels.
Launching nationwide this fall, Tulsi Turmeric Chai has an MSRP of $5.69 for an 18-ct. box and will be on shelves in select natural grocery retailers, including Sprouts and Whole Foods Market, as well as Amazon and organicindiausa.com.