Feminine sexual wellness brand Queen V has relaunched, following an acquisition by Reckitt.
Following the acquisition, Queen V joins Reckitt’s Global Health Unit alongside such brands as K-Y and Durex, the company said.
Founded by Lauren Steinberg, Queen V grew as a response to her frustration at finding feminine wellness solutions that were safe, easy to use, affordable and effective.
[Read More: Focus on natural and innovative: New products reflect women’s desire for more options, less synthetics]
Through conversation with her gynecologist, Steinberg worked to understand the importance of vaginal pH and microbiome, and its importance in aiding in the prevention of frequent yeast infections and UTIs, the company said.
“We welcome Queen V into the Reckitt family and have been working closely to build on the incredible product line Lauren Steinberg introduced to the market. Reckitt is proud to support innovative and purpose-driven brands, as well as female founders,” Olga Osminkina-Jones, global chief category growth officer — intimate wellness at Reckitt said. “We see tremendous potential for Queen V to help us change the face of the category, it’s reason for being and impact on women’s approach to feminine intimate wellness.”
Since being acquired by Reckitt, the brand has been working to formulate its products to ensure that it supports and maintains a healthy vaginal microbiome, as well as continue to be pH balanced and free of harsh chemicals and fragrances, the companies said.
[Read More: Cystex Ultra Protection features probiotic formula]
As part of its relaunch, Queen V is returning to shelves with an innovative Micro-V-iome line of products that have been formulated and designed specifically with the vaginal microbiome in mind.
At relaunch, the brand will debut with seven products, including:
- PHun Wipes, a line of v intimate wipes that are formulated without harsh ingredients and are suitable for everyday use or when on the go;
- V Bar, a cleansing bar formulated without harsh ingredients and is pH balanced;
- Queen It Up, a v intimate wash that is made with lactic acid and designed to not disrupt the intimate area’s microbiome;
- DD Probiotic, a daily probiotic supplement that contains two Lactobacillus strains and one Bifidobacterium strain that looks to support vaginal, digestive and immune health;
- Pop The Bubble, a bubble bath that is Micro-V-iome friendly and pH balanced. Formulated with green tea, mango and chamomile extracts, it does not contain parabens;
- P.S. I Lube You, a water-based v-lubricant that latex friendly and formulated with the sensitive intimate area in mind;
- UT(M)I, a cranberry and lactobacillus supplement.
[Read More: Retailers, suppliers reimagine women's health]
Consumers can currently find Queen V’s products online at QueenVLife.com and select Walmart stores and Walmart.com.