Stouffer’s is adding a little extra something special to its meal lines with the introduction of side dishes.
Featuring a variety of comfort-inspired recipes that range from mashed and scalloped potatoes to rice and vegetable dishes and macaroni and cheese, the products come in an easy and convenient tray to heat and serve from.
[Read more: Stouffer’s mashes up lasagna, macaroni and cheese]
The full line of new launches includes:
- Homestyle Mashed Potatoes: Made with a mix of cream and pepper;
- Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Bake: Featuring rotini pasta and broccoli tossed in a cheddar cheese sauce, it is topped with breadcrumbs;
- Scalloped Potatoes: Made with slice potatoes smothered in a parmesan cheese sauce, it is topped with additional parmesan cheese;
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Contain a savory garlic flavor with a hint of pepper;
- Southwestern Cheesy Rice and Beans: Featuring a base of Mexican-style rice that is mixed with beans, dressed in a sour cream and mild chile sauce, and topped with cheddar cheese;
- Macaroni and Cheese: Made with macaroni in a creamy, cheddar cheese sauce; and
- Vegetable Fried Rice: A rice mixed with carrots, peas, onion and scrambled egg in a garlic soy sauce.
“Having delivered the taste of comfort for nearly 100 years, this entrance into the frozen sides category felt like a natural extension,” said Nate Hill, vice president of marketing at Stouffer’s and portfolio expansion. “We’re excited to make it easier and more convenient for people to enjoy a well-rounded plate in just a matter of minutes with our elevated sides recipes— featuring the delicious flavors our consumers have come to expect.”
[Read more: Stouffer’s releases product packaging that plays a jingle]
All varieties of Stouffer’s side dishes are available beginning in April for purchase at grocery stores and retailers nationwide including Meijer, Publix and Target for a suggested retail price of $4.49 for a 16-oz. size and $6.99 for a 24-oz. size.