Gabrielle Union relaunches textured hair care collection
Gabrielle Union is putting hair care at the forefront of her expanding resume.
The actress is relaunching Flawless by Gabrielle Union — the hair care collection for textured tresses that she created with the help of celebrity hairstylist Larry Sims.
Featuring an array of products at affordable prices, the collection aims to empower consumers to customize a regimen specific to their texture and style preferences.
Originally launched in 2017 while Union was privately undergoing IVF therapy, she suffered from hair loss — a side effect of the treatment — and worked with Sims to identify the best options for restoring her hair health, the company said.
What they were able to uncover during that experience served as an inspiration to relaunch the hair care collection with improved ingredients that include Brazilian bacuri butter, coconut oil, biotin, Amazonian pequi oil, Himalayan moringa oil, rice oil complex, lilac leaf extract and African shea butter.
“This collection is very important to me because I fully encourage self-expression and authentic ownership of personal style,” Union said. “Wanting to try different hairstyles as a component of that shouldn't mean compromising the health of your hair, nor breaking the bank with expensive products. We were dedicated to developing the perfect blend of high quality, affordable products for all types of textured hair to promote flawless beauty through choice and diversity.”
Flawless by Gabrielle Union’s roster includes 12 products:
- Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, which contains Brazilian bacuri butter, rice oil complex and acai palm oil to help remove dirt and buildup without stripping hair of its natural moisture;
- The 3 Minute Restoring Conditioner, which has Brazilian bacuri butter, olive oil and castor seed oil. It looks to replenish moisture, repair damage and protect hair against future breakage;
- Hydrating Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner, which features coconut oil, castor seed oil and shea butter to aid in removing dirt and product buildup, while also moisturizing and conditioning hair;
- Repairing Deep Conditioning Masque, which contains biotin, coconut oil creatine and rice oil complex to help restore and rebuild hair strength, as well as repair damage;
- Detangling Leave-In Conditioner, which has Brazilian bacuri butter, coconut oil and shea butter. It looks to detangle, hydrate and soften hair, and also contains biotin and creatine to rebuild damaged hair;
- Restoring Exotic Oil Treatment, which is a versatile treatment that has been formulated with an exotic oil blend to help restore hydration, nourish the scalp and protect against heat damage;
- Scalp Soothing Tonic, which contains aloe vera extract, rice oil complex and peppermint oil to soothe itchy scalps, reduce irritation and inflammation that can occur due to protective styling;
- Defining Curl Cream, which features Brazilian bacuri butter, olive oil and castor seed oil. It looks to replenish moisture, repair damage and protect against any future breakage;
- Smoothing Blow Dry Cream, which has Brazilian bacuri butter and rice oil complex to help smooth hair, tame frizz and protect against heat. The added lilac leaf extract also looks to add strength and shine to tresses;
- Shine Enhancing Heat Protection Spray, which contains rice oil complex, passionfruit seed oil and acai palm oil to protect tresses from heat styling damage. The added lilac leaf extract also looks to deliver shine and aid in preventing future damage; and
- Hydrating Curl Refreshing Spray, which includes passionfruit seed oil and rice oil complex to hydration and added shine to revived curls.
“I'm proud of this collection because we were intentional about crafting a line that is versatile enough to provide solutions for all style choices,” Sims said. “From curls, waves, and coils, to heat styles, braids, wigs, and weaves, there is a Flawless product to support your hair's needs for brilliance, health and beauty.”
Flawless by Gabrielle Union will be available for purchase exclusively at Amazon.com beginning Aug. 3.