SheaMoisture is rolling out a new line of hair care products that specifically target the needs of those who use wigs and weaves.
The Wig & Weave collection from the beauty brand was designed to cater to the installation, care and removal of wigs and weaves, while also preserving the length, health and texture of natural hair, the company said.
Featuring tea tree oil to moisturize and soothe the scalp, products also contain borage seed oil to nourish tresses and aloe vera for softness and an added shine.
Products in the line include:
- The Residue Remover Shampoo, which is a gentle shampoo that aims to cleanse and remove excess buildup while also lifting away any leftover product residue. Created to not strip hair of its natural moisture, the shampoo can also be used cleanse and deodorize wigs and weaves;
- The 2-In-1 Conditioner and Detangler, which features a formula that looks to moisturize hair while also detangling and reducing both flyaways and frizz. In addition, the product can also be used to refresh hair that appears dull, flat or matted;
- Bonding Glue, which is an edge-friendly glue that aims to avoid dryness and breakage experienced at the hairline caused by harsh adhesives. It goes on clear and is suitable for poly hairpieces, full lace wigs, lace front wigs and 360 wigs;
- Bond Release Spray, which contains a non-alcohol-based formula that hydrates and is gentle on the skin and hair edges. The spray also aims to release water-based adhesives to aid in minimizing damage to edges that can be caused by excessive tugging during the removal process;
- Oil Shine Spray, which looks to leave wigs and weaves with a shiny appearance, without a heavy or greasy feel. It also lets hair soften and reduces friction to simplify combing;
- Mousse, which aims to eliminate flyaways and smooth hair for straight styles, as well as revitalize curls for a defined look. It is suitable for human and synthetic braid extensions; and
- Scalp Soother, which looks to alleviate scalp tension and any discomfort associated with protective styles.
In addition to launching the line, SheaMoisture also announced that Cynthia Bailey and Noelle Robinson will be the faces of the collection.
“We are honored to introduce the Wig & Weave collection with the support of these two remarkable women,” Nikki Chung, SheaMoisture senior director of brand innovation — hair care, said. SheaMoisture is proud to introduce this new product line and speak directly to unique needs of naturals who wear premium wig units and weaves for self-expression, protection or just convenience. Our range of products was created with formulas enriched with tea tree, borage seed oil and aloe, to help install, care and remove wig and weave hair, while being gentle on edges and the natural hair and scalp underneath.”
Consumers can find the Wig & Weave collection at retailers nationwide.