SheaMoisture unveiled its newest collection of underarm antiperspirants and whole-body deodorants, which were specifically designed to meet the needs of those with melanin skin.
The products target such concerns as sweat and odor protection, and offer skin solutions that even out underarm discoloration. The products also aim to help replenish moisture in the skin while also soothing and smoothing in sensitive areas, the brand noted.
“SheaMoisture was one of the first brands to launch innovative products crafted with culturally authentic natural ingredients to care for textured hair. This is the first deodorant range that really works for underarms and your whole body, and is designed primarily for rich melanin skin,” said Dawn Williams-Thompson, head of NA personal care design for retail and local brand development at Unilever. “This reaffirms SheaMoisture's priority of developing no compromise beauty products to help her live her healthiest, most beautiful life.”
[Read more: Dove amplifies Latina voices with #MyHairAMiModo campaign featuring Bomba Estéreo]
The Antiperspirant Stick Deodorants are available in six options, including:
- Even Tone: Formulated with vitamin C and niacinamide, it helps visibly even skin tone;
- Moisturizing: Made with raw shea butter and hyaluronic acid, it delivers moisture made to last all day;
- Smoothing: Created with manuka honey and retinol, it helps smooth skin that is rough, dry and bumpy;
- Fresh: Formulated with coconut and hibiscus, it helps provide freshness that lasts all day;
- Sensitive: Created with aloe vera and ceramides, this formula is dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic; and
- Soothing Post-Shave: Made with vitamin E and Kuki nut oil, it helps soothe and calm post-shaven skin.
The Whole Body Deodorants are available in two options, including:
- Whole Body Deo Cream: The cream is made with coconut oil and hibiscus, and contains a quick dry and smooth application; and
- Whole Body Invisible Stick: Created with coconut and hibiscus, it has an anti-friction and smooth glide stick.
[Read more: Native brings Girl Scout Cookie-inspired scents to personal care aisle]