Products to Watch: HRG’s 5 product picks from June
Hamacher Resource Group’s new product team reviewed 178 products that were introduced in June, poring over the 13% that were OTC launches, 31% that were wellness products and 56% that were beauty products to highlight five that stood out for their innovation and potential to earn big sales on the shelf.
1. TheraTears SteriLid Antimicrobial Eyelid Cleanser Akorn’s TheraTears brand has introduced a new way to get rid of external eye irritants, including oil and debris, for daily eyelid and eyelash hygiene. The foam cleanser uses a plant-based formula with tea tree oil meant to be gentle on eyelids to remove bacteria in a 60-second regimen.
2. Curél Dry Skin Therapy Lotion Aloe water is the key ingredient in the latest product from Kao Brands’ Curél line of skin care products. Curél Dry Skin Therapy lotion also includes a ceramide complex that the company said can help hydrate the deepest layers of the skin’s surface. The product is designed with a greaseless formula that is meant to absorb into skin immediately.
3. Mentholatum VaporDuo Aromatherapy Stick Mentholatum’s latest introduction is a 2-in-1 vapor inhaler and essential oil rub. The product, made with natural menthol and eucalyptus, brings the benefits of aromatherapy to a cold and allergy category staple, using natural active ingredients.
4. Burt’s Bees Detoxifying Clay Mask Burt’s Bees is getting in on a big skin care trend — masks. The company’s detoxifying clay mask contains 99% natural ingredients, including charcoal and acai. The product is free of parabens, phthalates, SLS and petroleum, and is designed to remove impurities while delivering antioxidants to the skin.
5. Zarbee’s Adult Elderberry Immune Support Syrup Nighttime The latest product from Zarbee’s is combining the purported immune support properties of elderberry with melatonin to promote peaceful sleep. The product also includes real elderberry, vitamin C and zinc.